Skip to main content

The Boring, Introductory Post


My name is Meagan. It is pronounced "Meegan, " not "Maygen."  I have heard all the jokes and responded to incorrect pronunciation all my life so nothing surprises me anymore. In fact, I am now using my odd name to my advantage–you will remember me because now that you know how to say my name correctly, you'll never be able to correctly say the name Megan again.

I have had my fingers in a lot of pies over the years. I have worked for a county elections office, auditors office and office of emergency services. I have been a 911 dispatcher, a crossing guard, a secretary, a day-care provider, a multi-level marketer, a shipping clerk, an insurance agent, a part-time housekeeper, and a part-time transcriptionist. I have been a lunch lady, an entrepreneur/online marketer, and I have been unemployed.  I have always tried to grow some sort of home-based business on the side in addition to being a mom and wife. And, I can now add grandmother, non-traditional (aka "old") college student and future yoga instructor to my repertoire. 

I realize I have an impressive list of job titles, but I cannot say that I am truly excited about any of them. What I am truly passionate about is helping people budget their money and get out of debt. 

"Well, that just makes you weird, because nobody LIKES to do that."

That may be the case, but it is TRUE! I LOVE creating budgets! I LOVE snowballing debt (stick around to find out what that means). So, I have partnered with Wattson (check him out at MyDiscoveryDestination.com–he's a pretty cool little dude) to help strengthen families financially and build character through fiscal responsibility. 

Follow me. And follow Wattson. Together, we're going to do some pretty awesome things. 

Comments